Thursday, March 09, 2006

can we all just agree that being alive is amazing?

tonight as i was climbing up the stairs to my house after too many hours of work at too many jobs, i noticed that the sky seemed much darker than usual, and the stars much brighter, and the moon was almost too bright to look at. and then I was amazed, because through the swirly clouds [think van gough's starry night], i suddenly saw airplanes flying way too close to each other, in formation, looking strangely like Orion's belt [which is one of the only constellations I can identify, even after a semester of astro 10] and then I saw a bunch of other planes flying too. and the sky was filled with lights, moving really fast and way too close to each other. and then, in an instant, i realized that it was actually the swirly clouds moving as fast as I've ever seen clouds move, and making the stars look like they were flying by comparison. and then I was extra-glad to be alive.

No comments: