Sunday, April 02, 2006

can we all just agree that "my humps" by black eyed peas is, quite possibly, among the worst songs ever recorded?

seriously. this is one of those songs that doesn't just make me want to change the radio station, it makes me want to turn off the radio. possibly permanently. i'm not exaggerating; i truly lose interest in listening to the radio.

all it takes is the mere mention of the song, too, to activate the evil part of the lyrics-capturing sector of my brain, the part that hates my very existence. that part, though we've heard the song in its entirety only twice, knows all the words. and wants to spite me or show off, apparently, because it launches a hostile takeover and all of the sudden, the p.a. system in my mind can broadcast nothing else.

here's the crazy part: i actually wrote a post to this effect months ago. (just now, when i was typing the headline, autofill was all over it. and my feelings about that horrendous crime against the aural universe are, of course, sufficiently strong that i am able to come close to recreating the body of the post. i know you're all relieved.) but somehow, and i'm not sure how, it vanished. after careful consideration, i am prepared to advance the hypothesis that the utter and unprecedented suckiness of "my humps" actually created some sort of black hole-like vacuum that sucked my tender post into a void of suck.* at any rate, i know this is kind of last fall, but i just have to make it totally clear: we should all be able to agree about the incredible suckiness of "my humps." and never, ever, hum, sing, whistle, play, or tap it again.

*oh dear, that didn't really sound like i meant it to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what you gonna do with all that aaahhhhh just kidding! Hope I didn't just activate your in-head PA system to which you just can't seem to find the shutoff switch. Oh wait, now mine is going off. Damn.

sarah said...

curses! i thought i made this clear: the p.a. system is on a hair trigger alert...