Friday, September 19, 2008

uniting money and mouth.

over the last many months, but with increasing frequency these days, i've had quite a few conversations with people about hopes and fears (but mostly fears) related to the election. and way too many of these talks have been just that: talk. volunteering takes time and energy; donating takes money; we're all busy and anxious and strapped for cash.

but this week i've decided something: if you really want barack obama and joe biden to win, and/or if you really don't want john mccain and sarah palin to win, you need to do something about it.

every week. something. at least a thing. send a campaign contribution (you can even donate online here.) give some money to moveon here. get involved with the obama campaign in some way—you can even phonebank from home. write a letter to the editor of your local paper. have a difficult conversation with someone who disagrees with you. but something. every week.

there are only six weeks left. six things. do them.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yes, yes, yes. I didn't want to make calls with my cell phone because of possible call backs. But I found that Sprint will let me block my number by entering *67 before the call. Obama Calling Here I Come. Thanks daughter for spreading the word.
Also I'm taking a stack of voter reg forms wherever I go. People say "Thank you!"

sarah said...

yay mamacita! well done!